JUNE TOWN HALL
Join us on June 26 from 6:30-8pm at the Norman Arnold Boys and Girls Club of the Midlands (1100 S. Holly Street) for the third public town hall meeting about Amplify and the cultural plan for Columbia. Members of the general public are encouraged to attend.
Each town hall discussion will be facilitated and led by Margie Reese and groups of artist facilitators. Attendees will discuss answers to questions like:
-Do the arts and cultural resources in the Columbia area impact regional growth?
-Which arts programs are exceptional in our community?
-When considering the possibility of providing more access to the arts in your neighborhood, which are the three most important factors to be considered?
In earlier Town Hall discussions with the public and targeted groups, Reese and the Amplify committee have identified five emerging themes and needs for arts growth in Columbia:
- Space for cultural expression, art making
- Leadership that nurtures diverse ideas, perspectives.
- Investment that refreshes the arts infrastructure systematically.
- Increased value for artists.
- Arts learning, including exposure and mastery, for children and young people.