Amplify will begin hosting several meetings with cultural and community organizations this spring. Two of the meetings are town-hall discussions and members of the general public are encouraged to attend.
Amplify Town Hall Discussions:
- March 15, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Eau Claire Print Building (3907 Ensor Ave., Columbia)
- April 24, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Richland Library Sandhills (763 Fashion Dr., Columbia)
Each town hall discussions will be facilitated and led by Margie Reese and artist facilitators. Attendees will discuss answers to questions like:
- Do the arts and cultural resources in the Columbia area impact regional growth?
- Which arts programs are exceptional in our community?
- When considering the possibility of providing more access to the arts in your neighborhood, which are the three most important factors to be considered?
- How can the arts help Columbia stand out as a city that values creativity?
With responses from attendees of these discussions and other scheduled discussions with arts, history and philanthropic organizations in the area, the Amplify steering committee will develop recommendations for celebrating and strengthening arts and cultural programs in our area. Having these meetings represents a significant step in creating a cultural plan for our region.